- 28 July 2020
- Diabetes News
In Herefordshire and Worcestershire diabetes is a growing health priority with just over 46,000 people diagnosed with diabetes, approximately 90% are living with Type 2 diabetes.
Taking control of your diabetes is the best way to avoid complications and ensure the best outcomes for your health.
To support patients with the day to day management of their condition, particularly during COVID-19 pandemic period and beyond, Herefordshire and Worcestershire CCG have recently commissioned on an online service “Mapmydiabetes”.
Mapmydiabetes is easy to use, convenient, self-pacing, and is completely free to patients with type 2 diabetes who are registered with a GP in Herefordshire and Worcestershire. It is suitable for newly diagnosed as well as those with an established diagnosis
The Service enables the person to
- Complete a structured education course endorsed by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Acquire in-depth diet and exercise coaching
- Access eating-well recipes to help with glucose control
- Set goals and targets, and track progress
- Share highly secure information with GP practices to keep updated with diabetes results, appointments, and medicines online
- Keep up to date with other local services available
Please ask at your GP, Practice Nurse or diabetes specialist for more information, and for details to register for the service.
More info on their website at: https://www.mapmyhealth.co.uk/mapmydiabetes/patients-families/